Saturday, December 13, 2008

constructivist styled buildings in izmit

It was the first time that I rewieved my homecity izmit with my constructivist architecture thoughts I coulnd't come across with so many examples in the city but there are some interesting examples worth to show. In the first two pictures you can see the people's house which has been built in early republic times of Turkey. It exposed to many renovation and restoration projects till today and actually these renovations killed most of its constructivist appearance. The color,the materials are all changed. But the building still keeps its form with its tower and half circle plan shaped front part so it's still keeping its situaion to being the constructivist icon of izmit








izmit is mostly an industralized city there are lots of factories and industrial buildings around and I think this gives the reflection of industrialism idea to the city center's architecture most of the buildings in the city center gives me the feeling of constructivism. maybe I am mistaken I don't know... it was just a feeling. (ignore the stupid roof added lately to the building in the second picture below) I will try to add the other constructivist building examples in izmit later